Tellenger, Inc. seeks a driven and passionate Cloud Architect to join our team and provide Cloud engineering services across our portfolio of federal government contracts. We are currently supporting the US Marine Corps, Census Bureau, and NIH with various Cloud adoption efforts. Specifically, the candidate will provide technical expertise and support for a variety of cloud environments in both AWS and Azure. The Cloud Architect will make presentations, gather and document requirements, and participate in strategic discussions, where appropriate.
Responsibilities of the Cloud Architect shall include, but may not be limited to:
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
- Be versed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their inter-dependencies
- Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
- Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability
- Share the leading practices with internal team members and clients
- Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals
- Provide technical direction and oversight to cloud implementation teams
Education, Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Ability:
- 3+ years architecting and implementing cloud infrastructure and solutions
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking, and cloud-based services for business teams or consumers
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS environments
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds
- Experience configuring and Windows Server (2008 and up), SQL Server and IIS
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies
- Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs
- Strong analytical problem solving ability
- Experience with DevOps automation within cloud environments
***Must be a U.S. citizen eligible to obtain a security clearance.***
Apply: Email us your (1) Cover Letter explaining why you’re interested in this position and (2) Resume.
Benefits : Great work environment, full health insurance, 15 days PTO, Federal holidays, and opportunities for advancement.
Salary : Commensurate with experience.
About Tellenger : Tellenger, Inc. is a CMMI Level 3 software design and IT strategy firm that specializes in developing complex, custom software to help Government agencies achieve their objectives. We craft custom web-based software apps ranging from complex, enterprise-level builds to traditional websites and mobile technology. Our strength is aligning an organization’s objectives to the right technology, then building the solution. Founded in July 2007, we have multiple long-term government contracts as well as private sector clients making for interesting and diverse work. An outcome of the quality of our work has resulted in the company achieving significant double-digit growth each year in business.
Go to all jobs